Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hi!

It seems that this bug is back.

I am using the PBI version 2.47.4766.801 64-bit (June 2017) on two dashboards.

Today, i just wanted to publish them again (no change on the data model or measures compared to last week) and then got the following error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

The only one difference, is that i had before the first release of June and now the second one.

The data source is a local Excel file.

From some previous posts where this bug already happened in the previous version, I got the hint to try to roll back the version. I will give it a try.

Cheers. G.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Ghuiles

I cannot repro the same issue on my side with the same version of PBI Desktop. Could you please share your local excel file to me so that I can have a try on my side?

And I have the first release of June here, you can also try with it to see if the issue can be resolved by rolling back the PBI Desktop version.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Ghuiles
Advocate IV

Hi!
Unfortunately i am not authorized to share this file.

I rolled back my PowerBI software to the version of May and then it worked again.

BR,

G.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Ghuiles

Since you cannot share this file, you can try to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page) to identify this issue in the June 2017 version of Power BI Desktop.

If issue is resolved, you can share the solution here later to help others who have the same problem.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered