Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ODBC ERROR: Driver could not be loaded due to System Error 126

Hi,

I installed a 64-bit PowerBI Desktop on my Windows 7 64-bit machine. Then, I installed a 64-bit Data Direct ODBC Driver to connect to my MongoDB data sources in PowerBI. 

The test connection for the ODBC driver was successful but I'm unable to connect to the data in PowerBI Desktop. I tried to connect to the data sources through the ODBC driver on a different BI tool, which is Tableau, and the connection was successful. But, in PowerBI it keeps throwing me an error showing "ODBC: ERROR [IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126: The specified module could not be found.". Please find the screenshot of the error message below.

I would appreciate if you could guide me on how to proceed from here and resolve this issue.

Thank you.

PowerBI - System Error 126.jpg

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Tradingpost,

Based on the error message, I would suggest you check if the JVM library has been added to system PATH environment variable. See: 

https://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/error-126-after-installing-mongodb-driver

https://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/000032614

Also please ensure you are running the latest Power BI desktop version. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Tradingpost
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already included Java into the PATH variable and I'm still facing the same problem.

Attached is the screenshot for your reference.

Please advice on how to fix this issue.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Keerthana

PowerBIError_ddmongo28_notfound_02.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Tradingpost,

In Power BI desktop, please enable the desktop trace and repeat steps to reproduce the issue. Share the desktop trace log files with us.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Tradingpost
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I have enabled the desktop trace on PowerBI and reproduced the error.

Please find attached the log files in the link below.

https://uniquewebsites-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/keerthana_uniquewebsites_onmicrosoft_com/EeK...

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Keerthana

Tradingpost
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I just would like to know if there's any update on this issue.

As per my last post on this, I have enabled the desktop trace on PowerBI and reproduced the error.

Please find attached the log files in the link below.

https://uniquewebsites-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/keerthana_uniquewebsites_onmicrosoft_com/EeK...

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Keerthana

luis_collaco
Regular Visitor

Dears, I am not able to view the Comments and get the possible solutions to aply and solve my problem. Can you please try to show me the comments and the possible answers?

Marian
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I have a similar issue using a functional ODBC driver (this time for Transwarp) with Power BI.  The driver exists, works, I can test it in the ODBC connections, I can run scripts in a different software using the same ODBC connection, but the Power BI refuses to work with the connector.Why?

Power BI issuePower BI issuequoted dll does existquoted dll does existODBC test passedODBC test passed

Marian
Frequent Visitor

I gave up. Reinstalled the Power Bi to 32 bit and use 32 bit ODBC.  All works.  

Poor MS 😞 I have never experience any issue with Qlik . All works for the first time , if not I can find tons of solutions within few minutes.  I really want to use the application and not to spend days browsing for potential solutions with no result. Shame!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue. Anyone has a solution for it yet? 32 bit won't work for me because to publish it online and use the Gateway, PBI only supports 674 bit. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the driver. Unregister- register using regsvr32 command. Can't find a solution yet. Strange thing is, I was able to work on this on a different version of Power BI.pbi error.png

SamiKIDOS

Capture11.PNG

Same problem here ! 

did you found a solution guys ?