Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

O365 Group connected to App Workspace was deleted

Hi,

I would appriciate any help with this.  I was the Admin of an App Workspace where I had several datasets and dashboards.  The O365 Admin Deleted my the group in O365, and it removed the App Workspace from my view in O365.  The deployed Power BI Apps still work, I just can't see or access the App Workspace now.

Will

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Williamharvey

If the O365 admin deleted your group in O365, it cannot be reverted.

For the deployed Apps still work issue, I reported internally to Power BI Team before: CRI 43661545

They have it on their backlogs to address this issue. But there is no ETA yet.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

Williamharvey
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

What do you think about this?

https://www.petri.com/recover-deleted-office-365-groups

If the deleted group was restored, do you think it would restore the Power BI Workspaces?  I did noticed that I can't create a Workspace of the same name because it already exists in the database.  That makes me think that it did not get hard deleted from Power BI.

Williamharvey
Regular Visitor

@Vicky_Song

Could you change the status back since I had a follow up question?  Thanks so much!

Will

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Williamharvey

I'm not familiar with the Azure Active Directory V2 PowerShell Module. I think if we can restore the deleted group using that module, the Power BI Workspace should also can be restored.

Because if we create a new group in O365 Admin Portal, this new created group will also can be seen in Power BI Service. But I'm not sure if that module can restore the dashboard/report/dataset included in this group.

BTW, I just tried to delete an app workspace and then created a new one with same name. It always succeed as below. It seems to be hard deleted.

O365 Group connected to App Workspace was deleted_1.gif

Best Regards,
Herbert

Williamharvey
Regular Visitor

Thank you @v-haibl-msft!  You are a gentleman and a scholar.  If we are able to restore the O365 group, I will report back if that restores the workspace.