Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Numeric range slicer issue: still does not snapp to whole numbers (even after february 2018 update)

Hi all,

I have a problem with the numeric range slicer. After the February 2018 Power BI Desktop update, the slicer should be snapping to whole numbers instead of decimals.

However, today I found that my slicer is sometimes still showing decimals. These seem to be only ,999999 or ,0000001. 

Regards,

Bas van Baar

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Basvanbaar,

Based on my test in Power BI desktop latest version 2.57.5068.721 32-bit (April 2018), if the data type is whole number, drag the numeric range slicer slider will display integer numbers in textboxes. If the data type is decimal number, in order to display integer values in textboxes, we need to type specified integers in textboxes. 

In your scenario, would you please check data type of the slicer column? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Basvanbaar
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Thanks for your reply! 

The version of Power BI Desktop I'm using is 2.57.5068.721 64-bit (april 2018). 

I have checked and the data type is set to whole number. Sometimes the snapping to whole numbers works fine, but at other times the slicer shows decimal numbers. As said before, these decimals are either ,0000001 or ,9999999. 

Kind regards,

Bas van Baar

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Basvanbaar,

Would you please share issued pbix file with us and clarify the reproduce steps? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Basvanbaar
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

How can I best share this with you? The issued pbix file contains customer data and I don't want to share this publicly. However, I can recreate this issue in another file that I can share.

Kind regards,

Bas van Baar

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Basvanbaar,

As you can reproduce the issue with another sample data, please upload this pbix file(created by sample data) to your OneDrive and share the link here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Basvanbaar
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

You can find the pbix file through the following link

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Kind regards,

Bas van Baar

Basvanbaar
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Are there any updates on this issue?

Kind regards,

Bas van baar