Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Null Exception in Data refresh in App.Powerbi.com

I am getting below error when i try to do data refresh in App.powerbi.com but its working fine in the power bidesktop. Has anyone of you faced the similar issue and fixed it. 

Data source error:We cannot convert the value null to type Logical.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: .
Cluster URI:WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:a0e26ee7-4bbf-435d-a072-5e6840c0238c
Request ID:aeadeb0d-9ac3-4458-a692-37f72e257091
Time:2018-07-07 10:03:17Z
Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @sundarram,

Please open the report in Power BI desktop, find the columns which data type are True/False, check if there is null value. If it is, please remove the null value then republish to Power BI service, refresh the dataset again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

sundarram
Frequent Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msft  i have only text and datetime datatype.  no columns with True/False value. I dont have any null value in the csv file in datalake but i am still getting this error. 

sundarram
Frequent Visitor

to update more.  If i am loading the CSV directly to the report and publishing it, I am able to refresh the report. However if I updated the resport CSV file to datalake the refresh functionality is not working. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @sundarram,

currently it's hard to provide further support on forum side, I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered