Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Not recieving Email on Failed Refresh

Hi,

I don't get any mails from PowerBI when a refresh fails.

With my personal account I only barely get mail from PowerBI when a refresh fails. I'd like to have a mail notification on every fail!

This is important to react quick if it is a bigger issue.

We also have a mailaccount only for this purpose, to deploy all reports with this one account (consumers and developers still have their own account) and then this account forwards these failure notification to all team members.

But if the mail notification is not working the whole concept males no sense...

So please repair.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @NerdFlanders,

Regarding this issue, please create a support ticket at the end of this site.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

AnniePower
Frequent Visitor

We have noticed the same thing.  I posted about it a while ago.  This isn't new.  I think part of the issue is that we are expecting notices on all failures (like we would have in other programs, we currently use SharePoint).  But PBI is only coded to send messages when certain unattended refreshes fail.  That is short sighted.  And even that doesn't always work.  I've probably had 100+ failures during testing.  I've received about 5 or 6 failure notices. 

NerdFlanders
Helper I

@AnniePower

The Support from Microsoft says that this is a known issue and the ETA for a fix is end of may.

AnniePower
Frequent Visitor

Glad to hear that.  Any idea if they will update it to send on every failure?  Meaning, when you don't have a scheduled refresh, and therefore can't "check the box", a failure notice should still go to the admin account.  For my on-prem SharePoint setup, I have alerts pulling from the SharePoint database so i can see all failures.  With PBI, we have no backend access, so if there is no notification, we won't know there's a problem until our users report it. 

NerdFlanders
Helper I

I don't know if they will send a mail on every failure but I hope so. Better to recieve a mail too much than having angry customers because we don't recognize failures and provide old data.

A key feature also would be to enter a custom mail address where to send the failure notification instead always to the one who created the scheduled refresh... but thats another topic 🙂