Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Not all tiles on a Dashboard updating

Fairly new PBI user here...

I currently maintain 4 dashboards matched to 4 respective reports & datasets polling from an on-prem SQL DB. Up until about 2 weeks ago, it has been running and refreshing smoothly. Unfortunately, that changed and now I am noticing the data on the reports are not matching the data on the dashboard tiles after a scheduled refresh. 

I have no error messages, no crashes and nothing out of the ordinary pointing me in a direction to look. 

So far, I have tried the following without success:

- Manually refresh the dashbaords. 

- Remove and replace the data gateway. 

- Rebuild all dashboards

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there a fix I can apply? 

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

Tile refresh should happen about every fifteen minutes. Tile refresh updates the cache for tile visuals, on the dashboard, once data changes.

If some tiles are not matching the data in the report, how about the result if you wait for several minutes? You can also try to click “Refresh dashboard tiles” manually as below.

Not all tiles on a Dashboard updating_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-haibl-msft

Thank you for the reply. I have tried a manual refresh of the tiles as well with no result. It seems like the dashboards have lost the link to the data set somehow. 

@Vicky_Song - Thank you for the status change. Sorry about that.