Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

New Error message.

For a while, I and others were having issues re-uploading our reports after refreshing the data. We would get an error that it couldn't be uploaded because it already existed. The only fix was to go up to the account link, select switch account, and sign back into the same account. It would then give the option to replace the existing data, and would upload fine. The June update appeared to have fixed this problem. Until today. 

I am now getting a new error message. The error is the wrong error message. It has nothing to do with what it says. 

pbi error.JPG

Again, the actual error has nothing to do with what it says. It has effectively replaced the error I used to receive, saying that the report already existed, and not giving me the option to replace it. The fix is the same. I tried looking for issues with reference tables, and this happens with any and all of my reports. My relationships are fine. There is no reference error. If I select my account, choose the option to switch accounts, and sign back into the same account, I have the option once again to replace the data, and the data is uploaded properly and the report functions just fine on the web portal. 

The error report is erroneous, and while I can live with the work around, it is massively time consuming given the number of reports I publish and update on a weekly basis. 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MWalje,

1. Which desktop version did you run? The latest version is 2.47.4766.801 64-bit (June 2017).

2. Did the issue happen to a specific report? When you publish other report, did the same error throw out?

3. Please share the desktop trace log with us. Also please run the Fiddler, repeat the steps to publish report until the error occurs, share .saz file here.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info