Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Need for a scroll bar in Selection pane

Hi! 

I want to use the Selection pane to manage my visuals on a page. However, I use a lot of visuals (especially text boxes), and some of them at the bottom are not accessible via the Selection pane as there is no way to scroll down. 

Can you please fix this?

Cheers,

Axel

Capture.PNG

Comments
Sean
Community Champion
Yes Please ADD a SCROLL BAR in the Selection Pane - There's no way to access ALL items! (minimizing the ribbon only gets you a couple more)
mahimabedi
Responsive Resident

Yes, this is critical for us to use bookmarks too. 

v-haibl-msft
Employee

Hi All,

I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 49378554
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

Gopa
Advocate II

Hi

Hope this issue is resolved at the earliest. Time being as a workaround, I drag the bookmark at the bottom which is not visible to the top of the bookmark pane before I link that to a shape / image. 

Regards

Gopa Kumar

v-haibl-msft
Employee

Hi All,

The fix will be available in next version of Power BI Desktop which will be released in next month.

Best Regards,
Herbert

jrajeshcse
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Is there any work around other than removing visuals from the report? I have lot of visuals in my report and unable to view few in selection pane. I have critical project delivery. Appreciate any temporary fixes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jrajeshcse A work around is to click the last item you can see in the Selection Pane and then click Tab-button. That will scroll down the list. To scroll up you can click the first item in the list and then click Shift-Tab.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another nice feature for the Selection Pane would be the ability to give each element a custom name so you can keep track of them in a meaningful way. If you have dozens of elements of the same name, it's hard to tell which one is which when you are working on the layout. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Thanks for the solution, saved my life 🙂