Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

My dataset schedule refresh failed

Hi all,

I have 6 datasets in my powerBi service. I have set up auto refresh of all thesedatasets via a personal gateway. Recently I notice that some of my datasets not refreshed as scheduled. Those dataset are quite big reports( 0.6 GB , 0.5GB and 0.38 GB) and small reports refresh without any problem. These datasets don't refresh at same time  i have spread them to give enough time gap for refresh each dataset assuming that if all reshresh same time could coulf heavy data traffics. I checked my gate way is alway online and activated. I have upgraded gateway and poweBI desktop to see whether that would fix the problem. But datasets refresh still fails.

Error message I get was,Capture111.JPG

This is really headache for me. Please can anyone help me to get rip of this issue

Thanks

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@WeeraS

What is the data source which failed refresh? Did these datasets refresh well before and the refresh error only occurred in recent days? Can you refresh the dataset in Power BI Desktop successfully?

Best Regards,

Herbert

WeeraS
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Hi, thanks for trying to help me,  Yes, this error occured recently(since start of last week) If i refresh datasets in Desktop yes it does successfully.

My data source for these reports  is from our on-site database/server. I used ODBC when i get data to build these reports.

Best regards

Sudam

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@WeeraS

I have several datasets and all of them can be refreshed successfully in recent days. I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page) since this issue may be account specific.

Best Regards,

Herbert