Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mixpanel query failure

I'm a new user to PowerBI. I couldn't get around with mixpanel connector. It fails on me. the first screen shot works. The second doesn't work. I suspect there's a bug.

Capturework.PNG

The screen shot below has the perfect structure (in my opinion) I verify it in chrome from mixpanel. But it won't retrieve and give me an error code 400

Capturebug.PNG

Any help is appreciated. I'm very frustrated.........

Comments
wginsberg

@kenzhang123 Will here from Mixpanel's Support Engineering team. I just reached out to you via email to discuss this. Looking forward to hearing from you! 

b123

I noticed a similar issue. Mixpanel is very accessible, but I want to make the data available to a wider audience at my company (i.e. contractors, sales folks, not just PMs, Developers, and Designers). Please let me know when this is addressed. 

kenzhang123
Regular Visitor

@wginsberg Thank you will. I sent u another email to further discuss this. btw, Mixpanel tech support is great..... big thumb up 😄

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@kenzhang123

Have you got the problem resolved with the help from Mixpanel’s support?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

kenzhang123
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft I tried their suggested solution. It's not working. I think it's the connector is still at Beta and is not working properly. Microsoft should debug the product instead of letting their users be frustrated Smiley Sad

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@kenzhang123

Could you please provide the screenshot while issue repro (get error code 400)?

Best Regards,
Herbert

kenzhang123
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft Sorry for the late reply my error looks like the below. Also, I wonder approximately when will Mixpanel connector officially tested and stable to use thx!

image002.png

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@kenzhang123

Have you tried on the Mar 2017 version of Power BI Desktop with the same steps?

If issues persists, could you please provide the fiddler trace to me? You can start the trace before make the connection, and share the saved .saz file to us through online file service like OneDrive.

Best Regards,
Herbert

nazdravanul
Frequent Visitor

Any updates on this ? I'm getting the same error 😞