Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Missing/ not working "Microsoft Dynamics NAV" Power BI app

Hello,

when I search for NAV Power BI apps (https://appsource.microsoft.com/de/?search=nav&product=power-bi) there are 4 apps: Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Microsoft Dynamics NAV - Sales Report

Microsoft Dynamics NAV - Financial Report

Microsoft Dynamics NAV - CRM Report

When I try to add a service on the power bi website (https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/getdata/services) and there search for NAV, there are only 3 apps:

Microsoft Dynamics NAV - Sales Report

Microsoft Dynamics NAV - Financial Report

Microsoft Dynamics NAV - CRM Report

Where is the "Microsoft Dynamics NAV" power bi app? It was there some weeks ago. Now it is missing.

Sometimes after reloading the page several times, the "Microsoft Dynamics NAV" app appears there, but the "Get it now" links only brings me back to the main page.

Kind regards,

Markus Knapp

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi Markus,

I have reported this issue to the Product Team: CRI 63137887. 

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @markusknapp,

The original Dynamics NAV content pack contain financial, sales and CRM related data from Dynamics NAV.  The content pack had a high failure rate, due in part, that most customers that would trying to load the content pack did not have any CRM data in their NAV solution.  Even if the data set is empty, Power BI expects to have the table definition returned and NAV did not support that.

To help reduce the number of failures, the content pack was divided into 3 separate content packs based on the data contained within each one; sales, finance and CRM.  This provided the users the ability to choose a NAV content pack related to the data they wanted to see and to avoid the all or none scenario that the original content pack was subject to.

Users can still get all the information that was available in the original content pack by deploying all 3. They can also easily see the queries for each content pack and can make modification to bring all the data into a single report if they choose to do so.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Grooujer
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Are there any updates on this ticket? 2 customers have asked me to show this to them because they know this is available. However i was not able to help them because i can't find the pack in the appsource. We are missing out on opportunities here, i would appriciate an update. If it's the case that the pack for 2016 will never become available that would be too bad but also fine:  i need something to communicate with my customers with. 

Kind Regards,

Grooujer

markusknapp
Regular Visitor

The solution I got from Microsoft:
We can now see 6 content packs on PowerBI Web:

For NAV 2017:
Microsoft Dynamics NAV – CRM Report
Microsoft Dynamics NAV – Financials Report
Microsoft Dynamics NAV – Sales Report

For NAV 2018:
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 – CRM
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 – Finance
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 – Sales

The general "Microsoft Dynamics NAV" App is gone forever.

visu9211

There used to be app for Dynamics NAV 2018 for Customers, Vendors, Items, Jobs etc. I cannot see any of them now. I do see all of them for Business Central. How to get these for Dynamics NAV 2018. I can see that there is an option to enable/Select them in NAV on Customer, Vendor, Item list screens, but they do not show up in Power BI. 

2018-06-18 16_12_38-Clipboard.png

Please look at this urgently as they are crucial, we have a big opportunity