Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Missing hierarchy on date fields

On some date fields, the hierarchy is missing. On this fileds, hierarchy was available a month ago.

Schedule start and Actual Start have the same definition, but hierarchy is available only in Schedule Start

File1.JPGFile2.JPG 

Comments
marcodea
Helper II

Also after updating Power Bi Desktop and activating preview feature I have the same problem

Cattura.JPG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @marcodea,

Which visual did you use to visualize column Actual Start? Please try to create a new column chart, drag column Actual Start to X axis section, see if Date Hierarchy option is available. 

If the report has imported data instead of live connection, please share pbix file with us. You can upload to your OneDrive and send me link in private message if the report contains sensitive data. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

marcodea
Helper II

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft why did you ask my which kind o visual I'm using? It is not a matter of visual but the issue is on the dataset.

In the last image I sent, there are two fields (Actual finish and Actual Start), of the same type, but only one has the hierarchy.

I'm using a live connection.

Do I need to create a support ticket? 

hgorina
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem. 
All my previously existing date hierarchies turned into just dates on a stacked column visuals.
just in case- checked that the preview feature is activated. Checked that the datatype in the column is date

"Improvements" should not break existing production visuals
Any help?

play this GIFplay this GIF