Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Matrix and Chiclet visuals stuck on filtered since July 2017 PowrBI update

Hi guys,

Since the new PowerBI update for July 2017 the matrix and Chiclet slicers on one of my report tabs are filtered to four selctions and even when I remove and replace them they remain filtered in this way. Other tabs are not affected and there is no page/report or other filters active in the report or on this page.

I have experienced a number of bugs in this lastest updates affecting any page with the chiclet slicer and the matrix visuals (not updating on refresh of data and getting stuck on filters).

Could this be looked into please?

Frank

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Kinsey

I cannot repro the same issue on my side. Please refer to my recorded video and let me know if there is any difference between our repro steps.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Kinsey
Advocate II

I believe it is because I had created my report in an older version of PowerBI with older versions of both the chiclet and matrix visuals. The only changes that have happened is the update.

I filtered the report page to the four selections, went to another page and did some more work and when I returned the page will not unfilter. It's like the filter is embedded on that page. Even if I delete any item that is filtering and replace it does not fix the issue.

To get around this I needed to create a new page and copy the visuals over, this corrected the issue on hte new page and I have deleted the old corrupted page.

This idea has been a long time comingbut a 'remove all filters' button is required for these pages - however I don't think this woudl have correct ed the issue in htis case.

I will save a copy of the pbix if you need this bug looking into?

Kinsey
Advocate II

I tested a few things and found a fix. I needed to delete all chiclet slicers from the page (even though they were not related to the active-bug-filters). So I deleted the date filters also and hey-presto, fixed. Not sure why the existence of the chiclet filter woudl cause this?

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered