Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Matrix Preview

Hi all,

I have an issue when filtering Power BI Matrix Preview.

When applying filter to the report and there is no values for selected period first there is no change in figures, even when I refresh the report, then when I click on the matrix or change tabs visual will become blank space. It looks to work OK when I tested on desktop, but it is not in the service.

Best Regards,

Joanna

Comments
asha
Regular Visitor

I have an issue when filtering Power BI Matrix Preview.

When applying filter to the report and there is no values for selected period first there is no change in figures that matrix displays , then when I click on the matrix or change tabs visual will become blank space. It looks to work OK when I tested on desktop, but it is not in the service.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @asha,

How did you filter the matrix preview visual? Via slicer or report level filter? Can you show a screenshot?

Besides, new table and matrix visuals are generally available, see: New table & matrix visuals are now generally available. Please download the latest July desktop version (2.48.4792.721) to open the report, then republish the report to service.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

asha
Regular Visitor

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

Yes I am using slicer and report level filter. 

First when I select all second level categories for March, the figures are correct, please note that there is no values for second level categories starting with Buil in March:

FirstScreen.pngWhen selected second level categorie starting with Buil, no change.When selected second level categorie starting with Buil, no change.When I click on visualization itself then the visualization will filter the values.When I click on visualization itself then the visualization will filter the values.

asha
Regular Visitor

I updated Power Bi desktop version and open the report, then republish the report to service, but it is still the same. It looks like there is an issue in a service only. Report works fine in desktop.

Best,

Asha

asha
Regular Visitor

Any update on this, please?

Asha

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @asha,

The matrix visual display on my Power BI service. Please create a support ticket to get dedicated support.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

rmattern
Frequent Visitor

I am having this same issue with the Matrix visual in the Service.  Is this being addressed?

asha
Regular Visitor

Hi rmattern

No. 

The answer I got was:

"The matrix visual display on my Power BI service. Please create a  support ticket to get dedicated support."

I am not able to create support ticket now. I noticed that the issue is effecting all the reports.

Please let me know if you can find resolution.

I downgraded my Power BI desktop and used 'old' matrix and table which works fine.

This issue should be addressed by the team and I think  answer given to me is not professional.

Best,

Asha