Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Matrix Preview - colour and crash - bugs

I'm using the brilliant Matrix Preview - absolutely amazing!

Two issues:

1. In the Desktop, it often crashes when there is no data, but works fine in the Service.

2. In the Service, row colour doesn't render. Columns and slicers and titles all render properly.

Hope that helps with debugging!

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

For the first issue, do you have some specific steps so that can cause the crash in latest May 2017 version of Power BI Desktop?

For the second issue, please refer to this thread. They should be the same one which has already been reported to the product team internally.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Herbert,

Re row colour - thanks, good to know it's being looked at as the Desktop and Service behaviours are not consistent.

Re crashes: I should have said that I'm using the latest May version and am using Matrix Preview with a number of slicers.

It has happened quite a number of times. I have the table loaded with data showing in the Matrix. Then when I select a different value on a slicer which should correctly return an empty set for the table, then it crashes with an error box - and blanks out the whole table including headers. When I then select a filter value that should return a set, the Matrix often returns the set correctly but sometimes has just disappeared. In those instances, when I reload the PBIX file, all is fine.

In a way, this is quite good - that the PBIX file can crash out but come back okay. It's possible of course that something is now corrupted in my PBIX file....? Thoughts?

Angus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

When the set is empty and subtotals - Total Row is turned on, it works fine. As soon as I turn the Total Row off, and then click on the table visual, it gives me an error. If I turn the Total Row back on, it is fine again. 
Interestingly, Total Column behaves fine.

I have re-created this error on a new page too.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

I can repro the same crash issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 38761444
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

The fix will be available in June 2017 version of Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Herbert,

Hey, that's great! Thanks for listening and responding so quickly.

Angus

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

Please update to the latest June 2017 version of PBI Desktop. The issue should has been fixed now.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered