Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Map doesn't work on Dashboard online version but works on PowerBI desktop

Hi,

My map gets populated when I work on PowerBI desktop version, but it doesn't when I embed it online on dashboard.

Surprising, all was good, map was working in online version couple of weeks ago (Chrome, IE 11)

no.PNGyes.PNG

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @avni1390,

The Bing Maps team is forcing a two-fold change for Power BI; they are deprecated the Bing Maps v7 Control, and are also switching to a new geocoder. The target date is June 30th.

At this time, please download Jun release desktop and define GEO hierarchy. To take full advantage of this, you'll need to set the Data Category for each column correctly. Please try to edit the report in Power BI desktop Jun release and republish it. See: Bing maps improvements.

By the way, if concatenate country and zip code in Location property, change Data Category of this calculated column to Place should work.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

avni1390

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft, @Vicky_Song,

I downloaded the June Version, but I see that the Data Category section is disabled.

Capture2.PNG

Can you please help me out here.

avni1390

@v-qiuyu-MSFT, @Vicky_Song,

I could figure out how to get the map working, but it is weird that the online version doesn't show all the postal codes where as the desktop version shows (I have the latest June released Desktop version).

Desktop versionDesktop version

Online VersionOnline Version