Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Major glitch - "Get Data"/ODBC querying function

Hello BI team,

I have encountered a major glitch that needs attention. When trying to input a multi-line SQL query under the "advanced options" section of ODBC (under "Get Data" >>> "Other" section), the open window will not allow the user to scroll back up in order to minimize the "advanced options" so that the "OK" button can be pressed and the ODBC query submitted for data processing and pulling. This virtually makes pulling ODBC data via SQL query currently unusable. If you could address this as soon as you get a chance that would be great...thanks! See screensot attached for a visual of the problem.

Capture1.JPG

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@rymy_2378

What is your Windows OS and Power BI Desktop version here? I just tried on Win10 Ver 1607 (OS Build 14393.693) + PBI Desktop Ver 2.42.4611.901 64-bit (Jan 2017), the OK button in open window can always be clicked without scrolling. Its position will not change even after you input a multi-line SQL query.

Major glitch - Get Data ODBC querying function_1.jpg 

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

rymy_2378

Hi Herbert,

I am using Power BI version# 2.43.4647.541 64-bit (February 2017) and Windows OS Version# 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601.