Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MAP showing wrong locations

I logged into PBI Service this morning to check some reports before issue. There seems to be an issue with the maps. Some of the countries are not matching the source data. For example, China is no longer hihglighted, the toolti for UK now says Brazil and Algeria is highlighted (when it doesn't feature in the source data) but the tooltip says Turkey (see image). There's plenty of similar anomolies. 

The report was created in PBI desktop and there are no problems there. The country fields are set as 'Country/ Region'. This seems to be a problem across most of my reports with maps. 

Any suggestions as to how to resolve or whether this is a known issue? Everything was working fine on Friday afternoon. 

Capture.PNG

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MisterDave,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue. Would you please try again to see if the issue persists?

Also please check if the issue related to the report, you can test our report on your side. 

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

MisterDave
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Qiuyun, 

The issue is showing itself to be exactly the same. In the desktop it shows correctly. Once uploaded to the serivce, China disappears and is again shown where Algeria is. This seems to be an issue whether I load it to a shared workspace or to My Workspace. I was hoping it would be an issue that would resolve overnight, just as it arrived. Any help gratefully recieved. 

Desktop versionDesktop versionUpload to serviceUpload to service

MisterDave
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I've managed to resolve the issue. I tried to access using Chrome and the map rendered fine. I went back to Edge and cleared the cache and now it is working as normal. I suppose the question is what was happening in the background to create the issue.

Many thanks. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MisterDave,

I guess the issue is caused by browser cache. So the issue is gone both in Chrome and Edge now? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu