Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Lines are changing their length on Power BI startup

Following on from a question I asked on the forums, I thought I'd report this as a bug: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Lines-are-changing-their-length-on-Power-BI-startup/m-p/3560...

Basically, I am trying to vertically partition data with lines. Normally I would expect the first image posted below.

However, when I re-load PowerBI (same saved file for sure, I tested that a few times), the vertical lines will appear like the second picture.

Additionally, when I first try to drag the lines into the right place (see picture 3 for the attempt), after 'unclicking' when adjusted, the line will pop further back than I placed it. E.g. when you drag a line, you can see the faded line in the new position before sunclicking it. In the case of picture 4, it ends up further up despite resizing to meet the horizontal line.

1.  Ideal situation

IdealSituation.png

2. What I see on start up 

LineIssue3.png

3. Attempting to rezise line to meet horizontal line

ClickingLine.png

4. Result of resizing this same line even when the placeholder line meets the horizontal bottom line

AfterClickingLine.png

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @M_Potts,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue in Power BI desktop version 2.55.5010.621 64-bit (February 2018) which downloaded from download site. In your scenario, please try to update the desktop to the same version as ours. If issue persists, please share the pbix file with us. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info