Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KPI visual doesn't display time values

Hi

I'm working on a dashboard for my team on a Call Center, I'm looking to show their AHT against the goal in a KPI visual, However, it displays correctly in the Desktop app but when I publish it, it will show a legend (Blank) for both, the current and the goal values.

This also happens with string values. With any other data type it shows correctly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Alberto

Comments
stran
Regular Visitor

I have the exact same issue with datetime type values. It was working fine on both desktop app and published web version but out of sudden, the web version started displaying blank values since January 30, 2017. 

Any ideas why?

Thanks,

Sunny

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@atapia

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 30769141

I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@atapia

I’ve got response from the product team.

It is a feature request. This is due to the fact desktop have added new types of measures (Min/Max/Earliest/Latest for datetime/strings), adding these means that the KPI has no meaning – for example, what happens when your trend-line is “latest”?

I also notice that in the Feb 2017 version of Power BI Desktop, we don’t have the Earliest and Latest options in the KPI visual for time values.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

stran
Regular Visitor

Hi Herbert,

Is it possible to have that feature re-enabled please?

All we need is the ability to display on the KPI visual the actual completion time vs the target time of a SSIS package execution. As you can see in the screenshot below, the trend-line doesn't really matter to us (i.e. we had it turned off).

Is there an alternative way to show this?

KPI on time value.png