Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KPI indicator text size adjustment

On the video posted at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-tutorial-kpi/, it clearly shows (at minute 5:06) an adjustment for the text size under the indicator formatting options for the KPI visual.  The date at the top of the page is Sunday, January 22, 2017.

But, in the latest version of Power BI desktop (Version: 2.42.4611.901 64-bit (January 2017)), there is no such option for adjusting the text size.  I need to be able to decrease the text size in the visual for a report I am creating.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@v-kaslen

I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 30713803

I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

mahimabedi
Responsive Resident

Any rough timeline on this?

v-kaslen

This is still an issue in the latest update to Power BI desktop, 2.43.4647.541 64-bit (February 2017).  And the video hasn't changed.  Is there any update on the issue?

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@v-kaslen

I’ve got response from the product team.

This is not an issue since this is a new feature request - we will just add with the new KPI design once it’s in.

I also find there is an idea here. You can vote on it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

PaulDBrown
Community Champion

Hi,

I'm not sure if the original post was referring to the possibility of adjusting the INDICATOR's text size (as seen in the video linked) or the possibility of adjusting the GOAL's etc text size (which I believe would be a new feature request)

What I find disconcerting is that there is no "number wrap" option/text size adjustment (unless the number formating "auto" is designed to do just that, which it doesn´t appear to...)

What I'm finding is that in a dashboard I've created where I need to include a number of KPIs side by side, the fact that I cannot get the KPI to adjust the indicator displayed automatically (a "number wrap" so to speak) makes it a real pain to get the visual I need. In fact, I've adjusted the KPI cards a number of times but I know that as the number gets bigger, the values (indicator, Goal etc) will no longer be completely visible, which defeats the purpose of the visual in the long term.

So is that a new feature request? I would argue that it is a necessity which is well overdue...

Any pointers?

Thank you,

Paul.