Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Join fails after refresh

A join between two datasets in a report seems to dissapear after I refresh one of the two datasets. When I try to reconnect them by either the Merge Queries button in the Query Editor or manually in the Relationships view, Power BI does not seem to respond. Joining again then is not possible. Any ideas on where the problem could be and how to solve this?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MichielvS,

Please check if the Enable Load and Include in Report Refresh are checked in Query Editor.

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

MichielvS
Frequent Visitor

Yes, there were/are checked.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MichielvS,

Which data source did you connect to and merge? Please share detail steps for our analysis. Also there is a updated Power BI desktop version ( 2.42.4611.482 ), please try to update to this newest one.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

MichielvS
Frequent Visitor

Two SQL-Server Databases, with same key-variable.

(Now have Version 2.42.4611.701 64-bit (Jan 2017))

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MichielvS,

I'm also tested in the version 2.42.4611.701 but didn't reproduce the issue. Below are steps I perform:

1. Connect to sample database AdventureWorksDW2008 DimProductCategory and DimProductSubcategory tables in separate query.

2. Merge those two queries with Merge Queries feature.

q6.PNG

3. Check the DimProductCategory query click Refresh Preview, everything is fine.

In your scenario, would you please share the sample data and detail steps so that we can try to reproduce the issue?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

MichielvS
Frequent Visitor

I am afraid that delevering a sample does not help, since the whole problem is that with sampledata (5 Mio) PBI works fine with the join, but loading more data (50 Mio) makes the join dissapear.