Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Issue with new matrix - drill up on columns does not work

Hi, Thanks for implementing some new Matrix features. Nevertheless I noticed a bug when drilling down into the columns: - drilldown works as expected BUT there is no way to drill up again.

Matrix drill down.JPG

Thanks for having a look into that

Best regards

Andreas

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@aofenboeck

I’m not able to repro the same issue as you. Please take a look at following video to see if we have the same repro steps. If yes, could you please provide a sample PBIX file which can be used to repro?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

aofenboeck

Hi Herbert,

thanks for addressing my issue:

In your video you made a drill down into the rows (not columns) - rows are fine.

Folloging the link to a small sample file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av1RRGi_0c4ywiC1OoEj9B_XRiUC (please let me know if it worked) with two matrix:

1st one: columns are already drilled down (from year -> quarter -> month -> day)

2nd one: the columns are not yet drilled down. Please drill down by clicking the "drill down" arrow and afterwards on the year (2017). When you see the quarters (months or days) please look for a way to drill up again (I could not).

Thanks for your help and best regards

Andreas

Best regards

Andreas

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@aofenboeck

You can right click the column header (2017), then you will find drill up there.

Repro_1.jpg

However I think the drill up button should also be active here. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 32919505

I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

aofenboeck

Works great - Thanks a lot!

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@aofenboeck

I’ve got response from the product team.

By Design, drill doesn't work for column headers, only rows headers. This was explained in the blog post for Desktop SU03. We are planning an update to the UI, but currently the new matrix is in Preview.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered