Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Invalid credentials on Sharepoint folder

Since yesterday I'm having an issue connecting to an excel file in a Sharepoint folder. It was already working, but I made some changes and republished it. Refresh works fine in Power BI Desktop, but online. It seem it's trying to connect to a Sharepoint list, instead of folder. I have an other report connecting to an other excel file in the same folder and it works fine. Could this be connected to the issue in North Europe? I'm in that datacenter.

Capture.PNG

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous thanks for the confirmation. It's taking ages to publish reports for me as well. Something is definitely not right at MS end. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just realized that manual refreshes don't work at all. Scheduled refreshes seem to be working alright.

SergeiStPete
Helper I

That is Power BI Service degradation:

ServiceDegradation.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a report that's connected to an Azure SQL database via directquery and another one connected to SharePoint Online and set to refresh hourly. 

I've been noticing that both the reports stop refreshing overnight and when I check in the morning. Even a manual refresh doesn't work and the only way to get the reports refreshing again is by republishing the report. 

Any suggestions to get this issue resolved is appreciated. 

Thanks.

Twinkle
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I am getting below error while connecting with Sharepoint site. Please help me if anyone has any idea.

"We are unable to connect because this credential type is not supported for this resource"

Twinkle
Frequent Visitor

I am getting below error while connecting with Sharepoint link. It was working fine before but when I tried after a week the below error pops up while connecting with sharepoint folder. Please ptovide your help or suggestions.

"We are unable to connect because this credential type is not supported for this resource"

djrdhu.JPG

Michael1
Helper II

Hello Power BI Community:

This seems to be an issue for me.  Has anyone come across a work around or a way to get SharePoint data sources to update?

Michael

Sharepoint Error.png