Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Initial navigation in power bi service

When I go to the service, I see a workspace selected, but content shown is from My Workspace. If I try to select workspace, it doesn't load. I've been seeing this result for about a month or two.

Steps to reproduce:

• Office.com> Power BI
  • When I see Power BI service,the report area is completely blank
  • In the navigation column to the left below Workspaces, it shows one of my app/workspace names (the first in the list, e.g. ABC)
  • Expand this name, I see My Workspace items below, not workspace items (not ABC workspace)
  • click workspaces> workspace name (the same one, ABC), the My Workspace remains loaded, nothing changes.
  • If I select My Workspace, then the named Workspace (ABC) shows up next to the Office waffle and the words Power BI at the top, but nothing else changes. The workspace is still My Workspace.
  • This result also happens if I click on Go to Tile from an alert from an app. The Workspace/app name shows at the top, but the workspace is still my workspace.
    • in addition, I get a couple of error messages:
    • Sorry, we couldn't find that dashboard
    • Sorry, we couldn't find that tile

Workaround:

• click on Workspaces
  • Select another workspace: not My Workspace, not shown Workspace name
  • This appears to clear the confusion and navigation returns to normal

Comments
freder1ck
Kudo Kingpin

Additional information.

It appears that the workspace which shows upon going to the service was not created using Power BI service. It was created via office workgroup. How do I know this since there's no visual indicator of how a workspace was created?

I know because if I go to Excel and attempt to publish to a Workspace, the workspace does not show up. I was told by developers previously that this happens because the workspace was created in Office and not PBIS, and that they would not support it because the ability to create PBI workspaces via Office was going away.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @freder1ck,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. The issue should be related to Power BI service, I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered