Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Images go missing in Power BI Report Server

It seems that if you use the latest version of "PowerBI Desktop" (Version: 2.47.4766.542 64-bit (juni 2017)) or "Power BI Desktop RS" (Version: 2.47.4766.581 64-bit (juni 2017)) to create a report that contains an image (.png) the image will not be displayed when the report i uploaded to Power BI Report Server.

Can anyone recreate this issue and have a solution?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I already reported this issue internally, will update here once get feedback.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems the issue also applies to the page background image and not only an image you insert through the menu bar.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I also can reproduce the issue when add page background image. Already reported as well. If I get any information, will let you know.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

PG aware this bug and hot fixes have been filled for the issue.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Any information on when the hotfix will be released?

Best Regards

Peter

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I have sent the email to consult this internally. If I get information, will let you know as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Y-Town

Any further update to this issue.  My corporation is experiencing the same issue and it is cuasing problems for end users to make sense of a report suite without the image we have put into the report.  Image show up fine and I am able to publish from desktop version 2.48.4792.721 64-bit to the workbook online, but the image is lost when I publish from the workbook to the App where we share the workbook with end users.  Any update or help would be greatly appreciated.

Matty
Helper II

Hi,

Any news on this issue, as it causing issues for me, too?

Thanks,

Matty

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I believe this has already been resolved. It has not been communicated but please make sure that you have the latest version of the Report Server and PBIDesktopRS installed. The latest version is from 11/7.

Best Regards,

Peter