Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Image on Page Background won't fill the page completely.

Important Issue:
 Tested on different machines using Windows 10 and the latest version of PowerBI - February 2017 (2.43.4647.541 64-bit)

• Adding a image to page background ether on fill or fit, will cut the image, no matter what resolution is tried.

We’ve been using this feature, of adding a image to a page background, since last year without any problem.
On the the latest release of the PowerBI, each time we add a new image to page background it will be cutted and doesn’t fill the page.

(Images with the same resolution that worked before. Reports made with previous PowerBI version display the image perfectly without cutting edges.)

Examples:

1) How it worked while using Jannuary 2017 or previous PowerBI releases.
PB_Jannuary.jpeg

2) What is occuring using the same image on PowerBI latest release, February 2017 with fit option

PB_FEV-FIT.PNG

2) What is occuring using the same image on PowerBI latest release, February 2017 with fill option
PB_FEV-FILL.PNG

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@fcaetano

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 31578479

I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@fcaetano

This issue should be fixed in March 2017 of Power BI Desktop around the 6th of March.

Best Regards,

Herbert

fcaetano
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Thanks for the information Herbert 🙂

mike_honey
Memorable Member

I've struck something similar to this today. As well as distoring the added image, PBI Desktop also then started distorting images on other pages in the same file (that were created in previous months and untouched).  It was a bit terrifying for a while.

Then I came across this thread in the community where it can be "fixed" by a semi-random combination of changing the image settings, maximizing the PBI Desktop window and/or closing and re-opening the file.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Fill-fit-options-page-background-picture/td-p/129517

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@fcaetano

This issue should has been fixed now in Mar 2017 version of Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered