Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Image Grid issue when connecting LIVE to multidimensional

Hi all,

I'm experiencing issues with the image grid custom viz (https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381355😞 when connecting in live mode to multidimensional cube i put the imag url as per documentation and the viz is blank.

On the other hand if I import data from the same mutidimensional cube the same columns and measures it renders the images without any issues.

This issue arrised right after I installed the Jan update of PBI.

Someone else also experiencing the same problem?

Any suggestions?

Comments
Trebor
Advocate I

Yes, I am experiencing the same issue!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @artur@Trebor,

There is a new Power BI desktop version 2.54.4970.961 released on 1/19/2018, please update desktop to this version then test again. 

If issue persists, as the custom visual is developed by Fredrik Hedenström, I would suggest you contact the author to update visual to ensure works with new desktop version. You can click Support in this site

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

artur
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft@Vicky_Song

just downloaded the latest version and I still face the issue.

The image grid is working when using import data but not working when connected live to the model 😕

Any ideeas?

artur
Frequent Visitor

@Vicky_Song why the status is set to Delivered? the issue is still there..

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @artur,

The custom visual is developed by Fredrik Hedenström, you need to contact the author to solve this issue as suggested in my previous post. 

Change the status as Delivered both include deliver the solution or effective methods. In this thread, the effective method is contacting custom visual author, so change the status as Delivered. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu