Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hover Over Tooltip error on Firefox

I have a chart of the type: "Line and clustered column chart". When I hover over the lines in Firefox the values that appear in the tooltip are wrong while this behaves correctly on Chrome.

Hovering over the bars produce the right value on the tooltip

Hovering over the line shows the tooltip with the date and value of the previous point not the point i am hovering over.

This should be easy to reproduce for this type of chart. I upload snapshow example from Firefox and Chrome.

From ChromeFrom ChromeFrom FirefoxFrom Firefox

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @donquijote,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue with Firefox version 61.0 64 bit. In your scenario, please click on the desired bar to choose it, then move the cursor and hover on the bar to see if the data label is correct. 

Also please check if other reports have the same issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

donquijote
Advocate IV

@v-qiuyu-msftplease note from my post that the issue is with hovering over the line not over the bar.

Hovering over the bar works as expected both on Chrome and on Firefox. The error happened when hovering over the line for a given datapoint on Firefox the tooltip allways shows the date and value from the previous datapoint instead of the datapoint i am hovering over.

To reproduce you need a "Line and clustered column chart" this was pointed out by a customer and I was able to reproduce. 

Thanks

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @donquijote,

Thanks for your information. I tested again with line and clustered column chart, the line data label displays the same value within Firefox as in Power BI desktop. Please test if our report has the same issue on your side. 

q3.PNGq4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

donquijote
Advocate IV

@v-qiuyu-msftthank you for your response.

I agree with the behavior of your report.

I tried sharing mine and discovered the following:

- The original report uses direct query and the issue appears as I described on FireFox. On the same original report, if I use a slicer to show less dates in the chart, thus less density of columns. Then the original report works as expected on Firefox.

- If I make a copy of the report in which I replace the direct query connection by the data in a csv file then the hover over works as expected on Firefox.

As a summary the issue still appears for us on Firefox in reports using Direct Query as a data source when the chart is showing above 50 dates/points.

Thanks

ameliaryan

This helps me to take to Use Blackbaud Hosting Services with my firefox and I also take help with Firefox support number which provides correct interface settings to me.

donquijote
Advocate IV

@ameliaryancan you please share the specific settings that would fix the firefox issue ? btw your link appears highlighted as unsafe. I would recommend fixing your link above. Thanks