Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Help with Unexpected Error

I installed Power BI 5 days ago and cannot get it to work.  Each time it opens, I get “Unexpected Error  Couldn’t load the model schema”

I’ve tried uninstalling, reinstalling, repairing, following every suggestion I could find…nothing seems to make any difference.   The event logs point towards a problem with Event ID 25 and 11

What else can I try?  This is running on a standalone box without external internet connection, so I’m unable to send a frown. Any suggestions welcome

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Moonmouse

Do you have VPN enabled in your computer? If yes, please disable the VPN and have a try again.

If not, could you please post a screenshot for it? When you click "send a frown", it will generate a zip file like FrownSnapShot***.zip, could you please also share that file through online file service like OneDrive?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Moonmouse
Regular Visitor

I don't have VPN Enabled.   I'm afraid I'm unable to share a frown file.   If there's a particular bit of information that might be useful, I may be able to find it, but company policy prevents me from doing much more