Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Having issue with integer data in powerBI

Hi ,

I have data like 123456789123456789 for one column with bigint datatype in SQLDW .

We are able to see 123456789123456789 in SSMS and  SSAS but in powerBI it's showing as 1.02412412+18 .

Could you please help me on  this do i need to do any changes from powerBI side with respective to that column.

Thanks in advance.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@gangadharreddy1

Data type of bigint is not supported in Power BI Desktop. You can only use whole number type for that column in Power BI Desktop.

You can create an idea in https://ideas.powerbi.com for feature request.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

Aravind
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I see the stats changed to Delivered . Can you help me understand - what does this mean ? 

I am still able to reproduce this issue on my July-2017 Power BI Desktop app. [ My source file had a value 3074457345616679074, when it gets loaded to Power BI ; it is displaying/converting to 3074457345616679000]

Thanks,

Aravind

mpoornima
Regular Visitor

This could be because “ uses double precision floating-point format which can only hold 15 digits of precision” like excel for integer values , Alternate changing the datatype from whole number to text in power bi .

Aravind
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the inputs @mpoornima , We are doing a LIVE connection on Power BI side and that doesnt give us any control to change the data types or create a named/calculated column on Power BI side. Hence trying to find a solution on SSAS data model side or any other settings on Power BI side that helps