Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gateway not refreshing

Hello,

we have report, which works on power bi desktop completely fine. We have also gateway, which works fine.

But when we try to automatically reload in to cloud we get unspecified error.

Please can you check, where is problem?

Something went wrong
Cancellation occurred when sending or receiving a request.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Cluster URIWABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID7995b076-d168-47c2-b6b2-64023f137c08
Request IDd1736880-45dd-45f6-8f6f-a49c139343c2
Time2018-06-18 06:15:19Z
Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @michalkoblasa,

From internal tracing, I found the error ""Unable to convert a value to the data type requested for table 'VK WorkList_Calendar' column 'Date'." and "The data provider was unable to convert the value '01.02.2016' from the source data type 'VT_BSTR' to the expected data type 'VT_DATE'. Please check the column data types in the data model and data source and ensure that the data types are compatible.". 

I would suggest you refresh the same report in Power BI desktop. Also check if there is a value '01.02.2016' in table 'VK WorkList_Calendar' column 'Date'. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

michalkoblasa
Regular Visitor

Thank you, 

i maded just conversion to date in SQL view.

It would be nice if we can access this error logs right from gateway, it would really speed up our work, and yours also. 

M.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @michalkoblasa,

Is the issue resolved follow my previous suggestions? 

You can check gateway logs refer to this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem-tshoot#tools-for-troubleshooting

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu