Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

From select all to multiple selection

Hello, 

i have few slicers (below). In right item no., in left prod.orders. When i select item i.e. 1007, in other slicer i see related prod.orders. Because there are a lot of orders i want to select them just in one click, so i turn on "Select all" and deselect unnecessary blank values. So far so good, but next when i deselect item no., my slicer with prod.orders select all orders instead showing related orders to item no. 1007. Why? 🙂 

Fiksavimas.PNG

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@AntanasK

I cannot repro the same issue on my side using June 2017 version of Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service. Please refer to the gif below and let me know if there is any difference between our repro steps. If possible, you can share your PBIX file through online file service like OneDrive.

From select all to multiple selection.gif

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

AntanasK
Frequent Visitor

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq8aNyHn90QmgjodcGjclrMD-JWs

here's my file with couple items and related orders and LOT no. First i select item no. 1007, then my slicer 

filters prod.orders. (in real database there's more than 30 orders per item). So i push select all, deselect

blank value, deselect item no. and after that power bi select all orders. 😞

If i select orders manually (multiple selection), and then deselect item no., power bi leaves my selection. 

Next the same situation with LOT no. I want to select related LOT no. in one push, but must select all manualy, deselect prod.orders, and finally get my last result. 

How to force pbix select related selection instead all entire selection? Hope that i explained situation

understanable.

Thank you.

AntanasK
Frequent Visitor

Any ideas?

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@AntanasK

Please refer to below recorded video. Do you mean that when deselect '1007', no change should happen in the table visual and the 'order no' slicer?

If yes, I do not think it is reasonable. Because the item slicer can filter other visuals (including slicer and table), when you deselect the item in 'item' slicer, the other visuals will become unfiltered.

From select all to multiple selection_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

AntanasK
Frequent Visitor

First thank you for your time. Yes, no changes should happen when deselect item no. When i deselect item no, slicers select all orders, i.e. orders G0056500 and G0064108 don't belong to item 1007. So i need select manually, but in real data base there are many orders, and to select them manually it's so annoying. Below i put a video with a final result that i need. 

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@AntanasK

It seems that your video is unavailable, could you please upload it again?

Best Regards,
Herbert

AntanasK
Frequent Visitor

Sorry, my bad, now it seems available. 

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@AntanasK

Thanks for your video. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 40631969
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted