Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Font size is much larger in Dashboard view.

I have just spent days designing report layouts for work, then I published them to my account.

In the Published version / Dashboard version the font sizes are dramatically bigger, and this ruins the formatting and display of the report pages.

The first image is from the Dashboard View, the second image is how the formatting appears on the Desktop version.

Dashboard viewDashboard viewDesktop viewDesktop view

Can anyone please help me, I cant solve this, and I have to provide this dashboard to the Board on monday morning.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @BYRON,

I can reproduce the issue and already reported it internally: CRI 32047820.

Will update it to you once I get any feedback.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

RamySaroufim
Employee

Hello Byron,

I can't reproduce the problem. However, here are some stuff to keep in mind:

• The Page View Mode for the Report (Desktop/Service) controls some Scaling factor that would change how font looks (Bigger/Smaller than normal). Setting the Mode to "Actual Size" would remove the scaling.
  • On Dashboard, we don't apply this Scaling factor. i.e. Dashboard would match "Actual View".
  • When Pinning a Table to a Dashboard, we are calculating the number of visible columns based on the Tile size and distribute the Tile width over the Columns, so they will not match what you see on the Report.

Please try setting the Page View to "Actual Size" and see if this answers your concern.

Let us know if you still have any question/issue.

-Ramy

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@BYRON

Do you have any question or concern about Ramy’s explanation?

Best Regards,

Herbert

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@BYRON

Please post back if you have any question about above explanation.

Best Regards,

Herbert

BYRON
Frequent Visitor

Hi, Thanks for your responses.

• When Pinning a Table to a Dashboard, we are calculating the number of visible columns based on the Tile size and distribute the Tile width over the Columns, so they will not match what you see on the Report.

Doesn't really solve my problem, and it is very frustrating that the Dashboard does not exactly match the design of the Report. It seems insane that I have to design something twice in order to get the Dashboard to look the way it should.

• The Page View Mode for the Report (Desktop/Service) controls some Scaling factor that would change how font looks (Bigger/Smaller than normal). Setting the Mode to "Actual Size" would remove the scaling.

I will try that and see if it works!

Thanks again

-Byron

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@BYRON

Please let us know whether setting the Mode to "Actual Size" works.

Best Regards,

Herbert

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@BYRON

Do you have any update about setting the Mode to "Actual Size"?

Best Regards,
Herbert

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@BYRON

Please let us know if you have any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert