Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Filters lost when selecting element in table

When I use a filter by selecting a group in a visual (e.g. a funnel chart) and then select an element from a connected table the funnel selection ist lost. This just happens when the table with the filter results has more rows than the visual can show (scroll bar appears). We could not determine how long the table must be.

I can provide a sample to simulate the issue.

Help/bug fix is highly appreciated because of customer awareness.

Comments
KruegtobIsag

Happens in table as well as matrix.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Stephan_init@KruegtobIsag,

Please share a sample which can reproduce the issue with us. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

KruegtobIsag

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

please find attached a sample file:

Visual Filter Interaction Sample

To reproduce the issue please do the following:

1. Sort the Table by ID Ascending
  2. In the "ID by Group" Funnel Chart: Select Group "A".
  3. Scroll down to the dataset with ID 592 and click it -> the filters will go away (The behaviour mentioned above)
  4. Strange enough. Now sort the table by column "Sort_Test" in Descending order and select group "A" again in the funnel chart "ID by Group". If you then click on the dataset with ID 592 (which should be the first record in the table) the filters work as intended.

Any idea what could be the reason for that?

Best regards,

Tobias

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

I can reproduce the issue with the provided pbix file, already reported internally: CRI 50640169. Will update here once get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Stephan_init@KruegtobIsag,

I got below response from PG team: 

For this one, this is still by design. Let me explain why ...

When you select Group D, you cause a filter that will get 4640 in first segment (Without scrolling) for the Table.

Then, when you click on 4640, we clear the filter of the funnel chart, and cause the Table to refresh its data. Refreshing the data brings a segment that doesn't contain 4640, and thus we are clearing the filter (and selection) as per spec. This happens with any chart that supports load more.

I've already opened a discussion with our PMs regarding this behavior. If they find it annoying enough, we may work on fixing it.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu