Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Failed to publish App

Hi all,

I have had this error now a couple of times, but so far it always resolved itself after waiting a couple of hours. I also know that there are a couple of other posts with the same issue, I have already searched through these and tried everything listed in there, nothing helped. This specific issue occurs since last friday, since then I was not able to publish the App any more. The error message is the following:

Something went wrong

Failed to publish app.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID195b657b-9558-4c51-a162-09a4ca84f752

Request ID9beea3f4-e26f-69a0-0ca7-1f7edf03352a

Correlation IDcdc480ed-3dd1-b539-e914-fda8cea8b598

TimeMon Oct 16 2017 13:35:39 GMT+0200 (Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit)

Version13.0.2753.184

Cluster URIhttps://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net

This bug is very annoying, since it seems that it is not clear where the issue is.

Does anyone experience the same issue at the moment, especially since the October update? What did you do to resolve it?

Many thanks ahead!

Comments
jtpowell
Regular Visitor

I just reported the same error (before I saw yours).

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@CAG

I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page).

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Herbert

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@CAG

Do you have the 'Report referenced models' entities in your App? If yes, please make sure that it exists and you have access to it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

CAG
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @v-haibl-msft

what do you mean by 'report referenced entities'?

@jtpowell

Quick update: I contacted the Power BI Support and we found the issue for why it did not update.

The reason was because I created a custom report for the dashboard usage statistics which was connected to the 'Dashboard usage Metrics model' via the Power BI Service Connector. It is not possible to publish a report or dashboard based on this Dataset to an App.

Best,
Chris