Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Failed refresh because of an internal service error - On-Premise Data Gateway

Hi,

I have several reports published to PBI Service and suddenly for 2 of them scheduled refreshes are failing. I have tried republishing them and it worked once, but when another scheduled refresh came, it failed again.

Data Gateway is updated and we don't have any of these troubles for any other reports. In some other threads I've seen as solution deleting report from workspace and uploading new one, but this is not an option for us, as our reports are tied together by links using ReportID in url. 

Could you please point me to some other solution?

First scheduled refresh error info: 

Cluster URI:WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:1feeb3bc-54df-476c-82a0-34eecc42ce22
Request ID:76f28855-144b-4fc5-a337-2d058ab77988
Time:2018-07-09 11:04:46Z

Last on demand refresh error info:

Cluster URI:WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:d3112f9f-c199-4851-8c74-dfc889b350bc
Request ID:7919f9f3-f181-b7a1-c0f7-081e23c82488
Time:2018-07-12 09:22:46Z

PBI_GTW_log.jpg

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

From internal trace, I find this error "This error often happens after the Entity was renamed or deleted. Please update the query/visual to use the new name or undo the name change. - Source: 'User'". 

In your scenario, please open the report in Power BI desktop, click Refresh button to see if any error throws out. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Thanks for getting back to me.

I just refreshed the file locally in PBI Desktop and everything went fine - no problem occurred. I have reverted the changes and published the file to Service again and 1 scheduled refresh just passed successfully, so it seems to be solved.

Anyway, you may be onto something with that Entity deletion, because the older version of PBIX file had some calculated tables, that I removed.

What I still don't understand is, why the report kept refreshing for 4 days and then it crushed. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening in future? We do changes to our reports very often and this kind of difficulties never occurred before.

Best regards,

Zuzana