Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

External sharing users are not able to load model?

Not sure if this is related to the data refresh issue, but starting yesterday I have two different external customers (both in California) that view different dashboards.  They are able to get to the dashboard frames, however get an error stating that "something went wrong.. unable to load the data model".

Anyone else experienceing this with external users?

Our data is on prem, we use the personal gateway, and the external customers are using the link provided in the original MSFT email I shared with them.

Thanks,

Comments
mwaltercpa
Advocate III

UpdateUpdate

Well, here is the update today on this issue.  I'll note that I have mentioned numerous times on email and on the phone that Paid Pro vs. External Paid Pro is also not working.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

I can only repro this issue with Paid Pro vs. External Pro Trial. But I notice that Paid Pro vs. External Paid Pro has also been reported to Product Team now. Still watching closely to the status of the CRIs opened internally.

Best Regards,

Herbert

mwaltercpa
Advocate III

Thanks Herbert!

If the answer is pro trial people need to pay, were you promted by the trial to upgrade? I think part of my challenge is that it ends w an error rather than an upgrade option. I guess that is going to be part of the fix.

still not sure why this was working until mid-late January, then changed at the same time the service went down then came back due to a outage due to a refresh issue.  It hampers our ability to convince external customers to adopt sharing data this way.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@mwaltercpa

I’m not promoted by the trial to upgrade but only an error, so I also reported this to the team internally.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Ajay
Employee

Wanted to give an update from the PG...

For pro trials, external sharing will not work.

As for paid pro users, we investigated further and did find an issue. We are working on a fix - I will keep this thread update.

@users who have repros - can you shoot me an email at ajayan [at] microsoft [dot] com to discuss the issue? I would like to make sure that our hypothesis of the issue is actually accurate.

mwaltercpa
Advocate III

Well, we have a new person working on this, and I am confident he is going to help see this to a fix with the product group.  We spent an hour testing on my machine, and not sure this is going to be the answer for all, but I will share that when we removed a 'searchable slicer', from my file, that was searching invoice numbers (formated at text), the loading model error on my pro-trial account went away.  I also shared a tracking file that caught my loading error, and look forward to a fix that allows pro-trial to view external shared dashboards. 

AdamWilson
Employee

Thanks to everyone who provided detailed information on this thread and via the support channels for us to reproduce this issue.

The root cause of this issue is that dashboards with Pro content shared from Group Workspaces to external users with Pro licenses are not working.  Our engineers are working on a fix, which should be deployed to all customers by Friday, April 21.

Please note, that external users need to be assigned Pro licenses in their own tenant and that the in-product Pro trials are not sufficient to enable external sharing.

We appreciate your help in tracking this down.

Adam

Note: I updated this post to remove the workaround since it will not work reliably for all users.

memge

Hi Adam, was the fix deployed?

RegalPeter
Frequent Visitor

Hi, is there any further update on this as we are still experiencing the issue, thanks

RegalPeter
Frequent Visitor

Does anyone know how this is progressing? as we still have the issue with full PRO licences