Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

External sharing users are not able to load model?

Not sure if this is related to the data refresh issue, but starting yesterday I have two different external customers (both in California) that view different dashboards.  They are able to get to the dashboard frames, however get an error stating that "something went wrong.. unable to load the data model".

Anyone else experienceing this with external users?

Our data is on prem, we use the personal gateway, and the external customers are using the link provided in the original MSFT email I shared with them.

Thanks,

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@mwaltercpa

Recently there are some fixes are implemented, please make sure your customers have pro license if the shared content contains pro content. For details, please refer to this thread.

Best Regards,

Herbert

mrange

My organization is experiencing a similar issue.  A group of external users (with Pro licenses) have access to a dashboard we've shared that contains Pro content.  Everything was working fine through end of the day on Jan 13th but it has not worked since Jan 17th.  They are getting the following error when viewing the shared dashboard:

Unable to load the model
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity IDb118e174-d3d4-4d3e-9729-e79218facb44

Request ID23b210f1-30aa-24af-ea49-ddfd0e1728f7

Correlation IDb5265b60-68af-f464-3c02-ac1c838812ef

TimeThu Jan 26 2017 17:01:58 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

Version13.0.1700.1015

Cluster URIhttps://wabi-west-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Get help

mstayner
Frequent Visitor

I am working an active ticket on this topic with those nice people at Microsoft.  Will post updates when I get them.

mwaltercpa
Advocate III

Mstayner,

Thank you for opening a trouble ticket.  I also opened one, and I am unwilling to ask my customer to install the tracker program they ask me to do...

Please email me if you find anything new with this issue.  markw@industrialfinishes.com

Thanks!

nerickson
Regular Visitor

We are expiercing this issue as well since January 2017. We have a shared dashoboard to external users.

Some Users are reporting problems and some are able to access no issues. The setups per each users are identical (though they are on different domains ). My external test account which replicates these users is working fine which is making troubleshooting very hard.

We are using Gateway On prem on a SSAS 2014 server, had no issues a few month back.

please let me know if any of the related support tickets resolve in a solution.

mwaltercpa
Advocate III

Would the people that commented on this with similar issues please also add a vote to this?  Assuming you have them to use?

Thanks,

fjgvillalon
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I also have the same problem, I have A dashboard shared with 6 people of my organization and they can not see the report.

Thanks,

mwaltercpa
Advocate III

i have a trouble ticket open, however this is taking weeks for a resolution.  this last week i corresponded w the guy corresponding w me, and i question if he really understands the problem.

i believe the issue is the external user is simply not being prompted to try pro for free.  

my dashboard is pro, my user is not, and is not being prompted to renew or buy a subscription.  this means they cant see the data in the elements.  this is frustrating to say the least.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am also having this problem with external users getting the error "Couldn't load the schema for the database model".

They were fine before and I saw they were using pro licenses so I know they aren't on the pro trial.

I have seen a few other threads about this but none with a resolution. Anyone have any answers?

mwaltercpa
Advocate III

hmblloyd,

I have a ticket open and correspond with MSFT about three times a week.  They called me this week and indicated that 'shareing external' does not support cross-teanant sharing of pro content... and that they are trying to figure out how to handle that going foward.

I've had this problem with external pro paid, as well as pro trial customers.  I'll also note that sharing content with my own free external account fails to prompt me to try PRO for free.   

I will post when I hear a more definite answer on a fix to this issue. It's been a frustrating journey trying to promote PBI external to my company since mid January. 

Mark