Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Export to Powerpoint

We like to use the Export to Powerpoint feature but I think we've found a bug. If I publish a report from PBI desktop to the PBI.com service and then export the report to Powerpoint it works fine. If in the PBI.com service I take a copy of that report to modify it (by using Save As and giving it a different filename) the export to Powerpoint produces blank slides for each page in the report. The report has no embedded images and only has 5 or 6 pages in the report. Please help - being able to export consistently to Powerpoint is a big part of our use of PBI. If it doesnt work we may have to stop using it. Of course we can take screen grabs of each page and paste them into Powerpoint but I wouldnt expect my users to have to resort to that approach. Thanks.

Comments
jtdesouza
Frequent Visitor
I am experiencing an exporting issue as well. When dashboards are updated with new filters within the online services dashboard, the exported PowerPoint file does not reflect the newly filtered data. The exports seem to default to the filters used in the uploaded pbix. The only views that export are the original filters from the pbix that is published from the Desktop.
nikkool
Frequent Visitor

I am not sure why issue has been removed from the awareness list, but this is still not resolved, many datasets/reports are unusable for the last week without export functionality. Please look into it.

hayleyq
Advocate I

This is the error I get:

Unable to export to PowerPoint

We couldn't export your report to a PowerPoint file
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID097ef581-5aef-4c0b-bc72-1274598984fd
Request ID107ba2c3-b956-9cf4-76f9-ca393fe73838
Correlation ID4ccb7c13-470a-8003-1792-898e048c0c81
Status code500
TimeWed Mar 15 2017 08:39:47 GMT-0600 (Central America Standard Time)
Version13.0.1700.1355
tfernandez

I THINK THAT I´VE GOT A STRANGE SOLUTION. IT´S PROBABLY THAT THE PROBLEM IS IN THE NEW UPDATE FOR POWERBI DESKTOP. I PUBLISHED MY PROJECT AND OPEN IN THE WEB BROWSER. IN THE EXPLORER SAVE THE FILE, REPLACE THE OLD ONE AND AFTER EXPORT TO POWERPOINT. 

kplucker
Regular Visitor

Are there any updates on this issue? I'm experiencing the same issues with trying to export to Powerpoint still and I saw this was originally brought up in March. We have no custom items, everything is straight out of existing Power BI options, but it is exporting blank tiles where there should be data.

jlilleystone
Advocate I

Hi kplucker. This issue was fixed about 6 weeks ago. Our exported reports work a treat now!

Transbi

Hi all, 

No sure if anyone else has had this issue before, but sometimes when I export to PowerPoint, the start of some of the words in my visualisations are cropped off (only half of the first letter appears). It happens specifically when using the horizontal bar chart visualisation. If anyone has discovered the reason for this, please let me know!

Ankit041
Frequent Visitor

Will the auto refresh works after exporting it to Power Point.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error.jpg

Issue when we try to export to powerpoint it will hang for ages and then the above error with show.

What can be done to resolve?