Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Export data using underlying option not working

Hi,

I'm trying to export data using the option underlying, starts as exporting and then it gives error.

"Error Exporting data

Sorry, we couldn't export your visual data right now.

Please try again later."

but if I use the summarize version it works fine!

Please check this.

Thanks.

Comments
arielfilipa
Helper I

Hi,

problem still exists, I'm not able to export data using the underlying option.

Can you please check this ?

Thnaks,

Filipa

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @arielfilipa,

Which data source did that report get data from? Which visual did you export underlying data from? Please share detail information for us to test on our side.

Please check if the issue related to your report itself. You can download our test report from here then publish to your service to export underlying data to see if the same issue happens.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

arielfilipa
Helper I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

my data source is Excel files and I'm using column charts and also line charts.

The strange thing is that I've created a new report via Power BI desktop using the same data sources and publish it in Power BI service and in that new report I can export data using the underlying option.

I'm afraid that I've did something in the dashboards that is preventing me from export data using underlying option.

I already remove the dataset, report and dashboard from Power BI and publish it again via Power BI Desktop but this still happens..

Do you have any idea what could I've done for this to happen ?

Otherwise, the last option that I see is to create a new pbix equal to the other one, publish it and pray that this will fix the issue.

Thanks,

Filipa

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @arielfilipa,

How did you create column charts and also line charts? How about the result if you create a new report with the same column charts and also line charts?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

arielfilipa
Helper I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

using Power BI Desktop, Get Data - Excel, add visual Clustered column chart and adding the axis, legend and values to it.

I've create a new report via Power BI Desktop using the same data source and column and the export data underlying works fine after publish it.

The export data underlying used to work fine and then stopped working...

So probably the best chance is to create a new report and do all the visuals again...

thanks,

Filipa

arielfilipa
Helper I

Hi @v-qiuyu-MSFT,

I've created again the dashboard and the export data using the underlying option was working.

But now it doesn't work anymore.

Do you know what could be the problem ?

Could it be the size of the files that is trying to export ?

This is really problematic since my users need the raw data to make a more detailed analysis.

Thanks,

Filipa

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @arielfilipa,

As I'm not able reproduce the issue, I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

arielfilipa
Helper I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I'm not able to create a ticket to support because I'm a Pro Trial User since my company didn't get yet the licences for PBI.

Is there another way to create a ticket to support or I need to wait for the company to purchase the licences ?

Thanks,

Filipa