Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Export data shown in graph ONLY

Hi All

Lets say I have a bar graph with sum(sales) as my measure, and on my x-axis I have the following fields that are available for the user to drill down into - e.g. region, district, type of customer, etc.

So, when you export, PowerBi takes into account ALL of the fields on your x-axis. It then exports your measure down to the most detailed possible level, i.e. a massive pivot. 

This is firstly messy - the user should have an option to just export the data that they see - e.g. the data in the "See data" view. 

Secondly, if you respond by suggesting that the user can use the pivots in excel to get back to the data they found on the graph - that suggestion is only correct for certain measures, e.g. a simple sum measure. The disaggregated totals can easily be aggregated back up. 

But if you have a measure like a growth rate, then the user will not be able to "pivot back" to what they see on the graph - because growth rates applicable at a disaggreagted level cannot be aggregated back up.  

This, to me, is a MAJOR PROBLEM. 

Rob

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@wherwe

This is not supported in current version of Power BI. Please create an idea in https://ideas.powerbi.com.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered