Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Export PowerPoint Blank Slides Problem

Hello,

I tried to export to PowerPoint but it created blank slides. I can export to PowerPoint by using existing examples created by Power BI itself. However, for my own report, I could not export.

Regards.

Comments
pceglie
Resolver I

To save with another name I have to change the name. And what happens when I re-publish the .pbix from PowerBI Desktop?

Kermit
Frequent Visitor

Any status when the Power Point issue is fixed?

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Kermit

Users who still report this problem have to save their report again to make it go away.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Kermit
Frequent Visitor

Thank you Herbert. I will try. Is it enough to just switch to edit mode and then save?

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

I;ve tried it just now and it works

i switch to edit mode, fiddle with the view mode , change back and forth (don't know if it helps but it works) and then save.

then I do export and presto... hope it doesn't again

tphillips
Regular Visitor

Experienced same issue today

RichardV
Advocate II

I got blanks to.

I also had problems earlier, concerning the fact that the imported page background was a total mess when exported into ppt. However, I can't check if this issue is still there, because of the blanks pages.

Big fan of PBI though

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@tphillips @RichardV

Before exporting to PowerPoint, have you tried to switch to edit mode and save the report?

Best Regards,
Herbert

danny
Regular Visitor

I have tried the solution and it only partially works for me.  Some slides are exported successfully (3/15) and many are still either blank or only have some partial elements.

Hugely important this is fixed asap.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-haibl-msft@danny

up until yesturday it was working for me only if I changed the view for EVERY slide.

today i tried another file and I get an error. no edit/save/change view would remedy the problem...

PLEASE SOLVE ASAP

thnx

C