Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Esri Arcgis Maps does not load on Power BI Desktop for some files

For some reason, on some of my pbix files, the esri arcgis files will not load. I just get the loading screen below

Capture.PNG

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having same issue

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

Please try to delete files at this location: C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\CEF to see if the issue persists.

Also I see the same issue repoted internally: CRI 31886406.

"This is most likely an issue with the Esri visual itself.

Esri has been notified and are investigating.

Once they'll provide a fix we'll push it through the different environments as a QFE."

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

janpaj
Regular Visitor

Hi everyone, 

I'm confirming that I am having the same issue. I followed Qiuyun Yu's suggestion to delete files in the CEF folder and it did not resolve the issue. Best,
Jan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleting the cache folder as Qiuyun Yu suggested worked for me. Thanks for your help!

iokoli
Frequent Visitor

This issue has now been fixed and deployed by Arcgis

priyankamane
Advocate I

No, seems issue is still exist. Tried Qiuyun Yu suggestion, but still same issue: only loading sign is coming

TaylorJD
Advocate II

Hello All,

I am having this same issue with my Arc GIS Map in PowerBI. When I send the report to my co-worker, he is able to refresh and use the Arc GIS Map without issue. Also, the standard PBI map works without any issue. I've tried clearing my cache with no luck.

Thanks for your help!
Taylor

debwilk
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue. The map will not load. I just get the 3 symbols at the bottom and it looks like it is trying to load.

samdthompson
Memorable Member

Having same issue. Deleting the cache worked for me.