Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Esri Arcgis Maps does not load on Power BI Desktop for some files

For some reason, on some of my pbix files, the esri arcgis files will not load. I just get the loading screen below

Capture.PNG

Comments
deldersveld
MVP

Are you able to share a PBIX that where the map does not load, or one of your datasets?

iokoli
Frequent Visitor

@deldersveld, I am unable to share the pbix file as it contains information related to work.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @iokoli,

Which desktop version did you run? How about running the latest desktop version 2.43.4647.541?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

iokoli
Frequent Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msft I am running the latest Desktop Version of Power BI

iokoli
Frequent Visitor

Just for some addedd information, when i start a new Power BI file and create a new esri map. Then I change tabs and  go back to the map, the map does not load.

I have also tried reinstalling Power BI with no success.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

iokoli
Frequent Visitor

@Vicky_Song What happens now that this is designated as "Needs Info"?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @iokoli,

Which language version of desktop did you run? Check if this .pbix can load ArcGis map on your side: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mza7hql40lufq17/ARCGis%20Maps.pbix?dl=0

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

edwardkench
Regular Visitor

Having the same problem with one workstation. Only get the 3 yellow status bars and "esri" in the background. I updated to latest, uninstalled and reinstalled today, no change. This workstation has been used to build several esri maps in the past without issues.

Also I tried the file out on Dropbox by Qiuyun Yu with the same results. No map.

thekevinj99

I am also having the same problem - above PBIX does not load

Thanks in advance

Kevin