Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Error while refreshing a Dataset from SharePoint Online list

Hi, 

Read many similar issues in the community but still don't get an answers. 

I created a report using a SharePoint Online list, everything works fine in PBI Desktop. The problem is when I publish it, while trying to refresh or schedule a refresh I got below error (credentials error). Just have Anonymous and Windows Authentication method. Any idea how to fix it?

Error.jpg

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

As you are getting data from SharePoint online list, please choose OAuth2 to sign in with your SharePoint online account. 

e3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft, Thank for your replay. 

Unfornately, I cannot choose this Authentication method, just have Anonymous and Windows. Should enable something?

Error2.jpg

Regards, 

Manuel.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding more info, I was able to create a Gateway to this SharePoint site using Windows credential but still cannot refresh the data due to incorrect credentials (cannot undestand why in the Gateway my Windows credential works fine but not for refreshing).

error3.JPG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Are you sure you are getting data from SharePoint online list? The gateway is not required for SharePoint online list. I guess you are connecting to SharePoint on-premise list, right? 

In Power BI desktop, do you use Windows authentication? Please use the same credential you used in desktop on Power BI service.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft, your are right, I'm using a SharePoint on-premises list.

On Power BI desktop I'm using Windows authentication and works fine. The problem comes with Power BI Service, using windows authentication doesn't work. Any idea why this can be happening?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep having the same issue. Any idea of why sharepoint credentials expire and how to prevent it?