Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Error when Saving Report to Online Worskapce after Editing

Greetings,

We are receiving the following error when trying to save a report in the online workspace.

Save Error

We've removed and republished the report with no success.

We can successfully edit and save other reports in the workspace without issue. Any help would be apprecaited.

Thanks,

M

Comments
magno101
Regular Visitor

Greetings,

We're currently running into the following issue when trying to save a PowerBI Report in our Online (Team) workspace.

Error.png

We have other reports in the workspace that we can edit and save without issue.

Any help here would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks,

M

magno101
Regular Visitor

We've deleted and republished the report as an initial attempt to rectify without any success.

Thanks,

M

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@magno101

I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page).
If issue is resolved, you can share the solution here later to help others who have the same problem.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

magno101
Regular Visitor

Apprecaite the response to the thread. I do have a case open with Microsoft and they are looking into it. Once I get a response back from them that solves the issue I'll gladly post it here. 

Wilhelm
Advocate II

For what it's worth:  I had a similar issue with a report (that included bookmarks) that was created in PBI Desktop.  I then changed the report name online, tried to edit and had the same "Something went wrong" issue.

After a few minutes of anguish, I changed the report name (file name) of the PBIX file, republished, and now I can edit and save online again.

(Not sure if it's the same problem as yours, but I couldn't find anything on this issue anywhere - happened on the solution by chance trial and error - so perhaps it might help you?)