Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Error connecting to SharePoint on prem

Getting error "“Specified value has invalid CRLF characters. Parameter name: value”. "when i am trying to connect to a SharePOint on prem.

Comments
mahimabedi
Responsive Resident

sharepoint error.PNG

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@mahimabedi

I noticed that several users have this issue. I’ve reported it to Power BI team internally: CRI 27508835

I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@mahimabedi

The fix should be expected roughly January 12th. Please check it later.

Best Regards,

Herbert

AnttiL
Regular Visitor

Is there a fix yet? We are facing the same issue.

Br, 

Antti

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@mahimabedi @AnttiL

Could you please try again to see if issue has been fixed now? Please download the latest version of Power BI Desktop firstly.

Best Regards,

Herbert

AnttiL
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft 

I installed the latest version of the Power BI Desktop. It didn't fix the issue for me. 

Here is a stact trace if it helps you to solve this:

---> System.Net.CookieException: Cookie format error.
at System.Net.CookieContainer.CookieCutter(Uri uri, String headerName, String setCookieHeader, Boolean isThrow)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.CookieContainer.CookieCutter(Uri uri, String headerName, String setCookieHeader, Boolean isThrow)
at System.Net.CookieContainer.SetCookies(Uri uri, String cookieHeader)
at Microsoft.Mashup.OAuth.CookieHelper.TryGetCookies(Uri url, HashSet`1 cookieNames, CookieCollection& cookies)
at Microsoft.Mashup.OAuth.SharePointOAuthProvider.FinishLogin(Byte[] serializedContext, Uri callbackUri, String state)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.ClientShared.OAuthManager.OpenOAuthDialog(Form parentWindow, WindowsHost windowsHost, String resourceKind, String accessToken, String resourceUrl)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.ClientShared.OAuthManager.<>c__DisplayClass4.<OpenOAuthDialog>b__3()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.ClientShared.OAuthManager.<>c__DisplayClass7.<AsyncGetOAuthResult>b__6()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)

Br,

Antti

mahimabedi
Responsive Resident

still not working. getting the following error.sharepoint error2.PNG

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@mahimabedi @AnttiL

It seems that the originally-reported problem has gone now. The error message you see is different from the original one.

Could you please provide the fiddler traces to us? Please refer to this video for how to tracing.

Best Regards,

Herbert

AnttiL
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft Where do you want me to send the trace?

Br,

Antti

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@AnttiL

You can upload it to online file service (e.g. OneDrive) and share it.

Best Regards,

Herbert