Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error Publishing Report to Workspace:

The following error has been appearing since last week when I try to publish to my regualr workspace (issue has arisen in the February build of PBI). I have had to use an alternative workspace which is working ok but does not seem to allow me the same editing privileges as My Worksapce

Is there a physical limit on the number of reports in a Worksapce??? : the error retuned is 500 which i pretty unhelpful as that is unpseciifed ! My Workspace currently contains 193 reports but only uses 234MB of availabel 10GB

Help much appreciated as I would prefer to use only one workspace fro all reports: I now have to span 2

pbi error.JPG

Comments
techinresearch
Advocate I

FWIW, I have updated the on-premises data gateway with no efffect

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @techinresearch,

Please open Power BI service in browser, then use Get Data -> Files to see if you can publish the report. 

If there are some reports unused, please remove them then try publish again. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

techinresearch
Advocate I

I can upload a file to that Workspace but is loses all of the pages and only contains the data with no analyses. I have set up another workspace with a different name which works ok but I think it s linked to a win 10 App as it has entries such as "include in App" I uses machines that have win7 and Win10 so need PowerbI to be device and OS agnostic or at least configurable to ignore differences

While I have yoru attention, how do I list reports in the workspace by date? The only options I have currently are Owners A-Z, Z-A  or Name A-Z, Z-A  : neither of whcih are of any interest or anlaytical use to  me. 

I do need to know the most recent and to order reports by date. I imagine given the impritance of this that the option must be available, i just cant find out how to enable it . Any help would be much appreciated 

While PowerBi is a great set of tools and is advancing leaps and bounds, it still seems a long way off prime time